Spots are still available for summer day camps. Use our online registration, register by mail, fax or by phone.
Early Bird Special
Register by May 15, 2013 and we'll take $5 off each camp. Signing up for the Old World Apprentice camp or have two adults for Family Farmhand Fun? Take $10 off!
Here's what parents have said about our camps
- "Our granddaughter had the best birthday of her life at Laura camp. She got in the car and said it was better than she ever expected it to be. She loved every facet of things they did. I so admire all the prep work it takes to make those camps so special. Thanks for offering them."
- "He enjoyed working with the Blacksmith and learning about the history. He liked it all."
- "She definitely wants to attend next summer — this is her second time attending the One Room Schoolhouse camp and she wants to attend again next year."
- "Yes, I would send my child again, because I think it is a valuable and meaningful way to explore the past in a 'real world' manner that helps children understand the life of the pioneers before them.
- This experience provides kids with a sense of gratitude for today and awareness of the bravery of those pioneers before them and their willingness to create better tools to overcome obstacles."
- "As she told me, she loved everything — she loves being in the school and spending the day as it would have been. She really enjoys how everyone is dressed for the period."
Old World Wisconsin Day Camps: Experience the Pull of the Past!
What's tops on kids' minds after a visit to Old World Wisconsin? "What did it feel like to be a kid back then?" Now it's your child's chance to have some fun while experiencing the past at our highly-rated summer day camps. Each camp is built upon real life, hands-on experiences, where kids can be kids, learning by doing, and pretending they are "living life back then."
We continue to evolve our experiences, based on camper and parent feedback, to make sure that they are engaging, relevant . . . and fun!
We Always Offer
- Hands-on, interactive experiences: Kids love baking cookies, learning lessons or doing laundry when they're trying it out as it used to be. Somehow 19th-century chores are that much more engaging!
- Talented, committed instructors: All of our counselors have education-related backgrounds. We keep each camp size small to provide low counselor-to-camper ratios.
- Nature all around: We make the most of our 576 acres of nature trails, woodlands and prairies in the heart of the Kettle Moraine State Forest.
We would like to thank the Old World Wisconsin Foundation for their generous support of our day camp program.
Period apparel welcomed, but not required!